Cudmore / Cudmore Fisheries - Fishing Venue - Coarse / Carp in Whitmore (Staffordshire, West Midlands), England
Venue Details - Cudmore / Cudmore Fisheries
Cudmore / Cudmore Fisheries
Part of the Whitmore Leisure Group Ltd. Cudmore is a Long Established, Clean and Sustainable Coarse Fishery. Located in north Staffordshire, set in the Heart of a Country Estate
Fishing Venue - Coarse / Carp
Pleck Lane, Whitmore, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire ST5 5HW, England. (Scroll down for map)
CUDMORE SUMMER OPENING TIMES
CUDMORE WINTER OPENING TIMES
Monday to Friday 8:00am to DUSK
Saturday & Sunday 7:00am
CUDMORE CAFE OPENING TIMES "from 4th April 2009"
Please see our website for up to date prices
Mr Frank Clarke (General Manager), Pleck Lane, Whitmore, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire ST5 5HW, England.
Welcome to Cudmore / Cudmore Fisheries:
Cudmore - The New Home of Fish 'O' Mania
Cudmore is a Long Established, Clean and Sustainable Coarse Fishery.
Located in north Staffordshire, set in the Heart of a Country Estate & Close to the M6 Motorway Junction 15. You will soon lose yourself amongst Cudmore's Beautiful Scenery, Wildlife & Tranquil Suroundings.
Competitions and Events are held all year round, and we've been recongnised as the Countries leading Match & Pleasure Venue. Hosting major angling events such as Fish 'O' Mania and The Go Fishing Show.
About the water:
CUDMORE : ARENA LAKE
2.5 Acre 32 pegs Arena is a perfectly round pool with an island chuck for every angler, depths range from 2 feet to 6 feet.
Barbel to 8lb Carp to 15lb Bream, Chub and Tench
2ft to 6ft
Meat, Pellets, Paste, Maggots and Worms
Method feeder to the island, pole down the margins, waggler to the island.
CUDMORE : AVOCA LAKE
4.5 Acre 38 pegs Avoca is the Main Specimen Lake, It has many features and gravel bars.
Carp to 30lbChub and Tench
3ft to 10ft
Boilies, Pellets and Paste
Method feeder, Popped up Boilies, most methods catch fish.
CUDMORE : DRUMBLE LAKE
2 acre 33 pegs Drumble is smallish Lake with 2 islands and many features.
Small Carp to 4lb Barbel, Chub and Tench
2ft to 6ft
Pellets, Paste, Corn, Meat, Maggots and Worm
Pole and waggler, plus feeder to the islands
2 Acre 30 pegs Edwards has One Island, and many under water features.
over 350 Carp to 25lb (all over 6lb)
4ft to 8ft
Pellets, Meat, Corn and Boilies
All Carp Methods
CUDMORE : MILO LAKE
3 Acre 35 pegs Milo is probably the main pleasure pool, massive bags of Chub and Barbel can be expected all year round. Depths range from 3 feet to 8 feet.
Barbel to 11lb Carp to 25lb Chub to 5lb Bream, Perch, Roach and Tench
3ft to 10ft
Meat, Pellets, Paste, Corn, Maggots and Worm
All kinds of feeder fishing, pole and waggler
CUDMORE : PELHAM LAKE
1.5 Acre 16 pegs Pelham or Little Tara is a good starting lake for the novice angler
Bream, Carp and Tench
2ft to 5ft
Pellets, Corn and Maggots
Pole and waggler
CUDMORE : TARA LAKE
3.5 Acre 36 peg Tara is one of the main specimen lakes. Depths range from 3 feet to 6 feet. Careful plumbing is needed as some pegs have shallow bars
Barbel to 8lb Carp to 20lb Tench to 7lb
3ft to 6ft
Meat, Boilies, Pellets and Paste
Method feeder to features, but all methods and tactics will catch fish
CUDMORE : CANALS
CUDMORE : BREWSTERS CANAL
2 Acres 26 pegs Brewsters is a wide canal with a width of 13mtr to 16mtr, depths are from 2 feet to 6 feet
Carp to 8lb Bream, Chub, Perch and Tench,
2ft to 6ft
Pellets, Paste, Corn, Maggots and Worm
Pole across to the sedges, down the edge, feed little and often
4 Acres 51 pegs Suez is a canal type lake with an average width of 12mtr, depths range from 2 feet to 7 feet
Carp to 6lb Bream, Chub and Tench
2ft to 6ft
Pellets, Paste, Corn, Maggots and Worm
Pole over to the sedges and down the margins, feed little and often
CUDMORE : POOLS 1 TO 6
12 Acre 200 pegs The new pools are the fairest match venue in the country, they have the same depths which range between 2 feet to 8 feet and the same stocking density
Carp to 8lb Barbel, Bream, Chub, Roach and Tench
2ft to 8ft
Pellet, Paste, Corn, Meat, Maggots and Worm
Pole down the margins or at 6mtrs, method feeder when single banked
About the fish:
Cudmores 40 Pools and Lakes are set in the beautiful Whitmore Estate in the heart of Staffordshire with easy access off Junction 15 of the M6. The fishing lakes consist of Mad Carp Lakes with large numbers of Mirror and Common Carp, Predator Lakes stocked with Catfish 60lbs+ Pike 20lbs+ and Specimen Perch, backed up with Specimen Carp 30lbs+.
Our classic Mixed Fish Waters are stocked with large Bream, Crucian Carp, Tench, Barbel, Roach, and Chub.
We also have, throughout the fishery, Starter Lakes stocked heavily for the new angler, so even on their first day out they are
virtually guaranteed to catch a fish.
If you like night fishing try our Carp runs pool you won’t get much sleep and if you hook into one of our giant catfish on one of the Specimen lakes you may not need a bigger boat but you will need a bigger net Our match waters are second to none with lakes, 15m and 30 meter Canals the match lakes are available for clubs we also run regular open Matches, these venues produce some unbelievable weights . Finally yet importantly, you can fish on the World Famous Arena Lake stocked with Barbel Carp Bream Tench, Crucian Carp, and Roach.We opened the National School of Angling in 2011 at Cudmore to introduce as many adults/Juniors as possible into the sport of fishing .There are fully qualified professional coaches available at all times. When C M Brewster designed the fishery layout, it was also specifically designed for TV, and Angling Shows. Now annually in July we hold the Fish-O-Mania Final and the Home Internationals, which is televised over 12 hr. and over the same weekend as The Great Northern Fishing Show. We also have an extensive onsite Tackle Shop (Stapeley Angling Centre) and on site catering. This all makes Cudmore the Number one Fishery of its type in the UK, and a must for every angler to visit.
|No||Species||From||To||Average||Best Bait (Categories)||Best Bait (Brands)|
|No captures found - add a capture|
NOTE: Statistics and reports are based on captures added to the Fish Captures database realtive to publicity settings.
Ameneties / facilities:
Cudmore Lakeside Lodge & Cafe, onsite toilets and Tackle Shop
All visitors to the fishery must report to the fishery lodge
Please Note:- we have Deep Water on our fishery
Our Staff are always ready for your angling questions
ALL Groundbait, Pellets, Hemp & Boilies MUST be Purchased from the Lodge
Stapeley Angling Centre has branched out and opened a store at Cudmore Fisheries. The venue is used in conjunction with Cudmore to run open days, charity fishing events, tuition and more.
On site Tackle Shop
Stapeley at Cudmore offer top quality terminal tackle for the match angler, pleasure angler and specimen enthusiasts. We provide a very good selection of baits and essentials from all the major manufacturers, with prices to suit a range of budgets from young to old. Whether you're a novice or professional angler this is the shop for you. something
We can seat over 65 anglers for Breakfasts or Lunches or just a small snack. All meales can be pre booked by telephoning Carol on:- (01782) 680919
Snacks, Hot or Cold Drinks, Sandwiches & Pies are always available when the Fishery Lodge is OPEN
|CAFE OPENING TIMES|
|MONDAY TO FRIDAY||7:00AM TO 2:00AM|
|SATURDAY & SUNDAY||6:00AM TO 5:00PM|
- ANY ACCIDENT or INJURY that takes place on the fishery, (No Matter How Small) MUST BE REPORTED to the Management or Member of Staff on the day of the accident and logged in the ACCIDENT BOOK before leaving the fishery.
- NO FISHING under Power Lines or In Between Markers.
- ALL LITTER MUST BE TAKEN HOME, each fisherman is held responsible for any litter on his /her peg or nearby area unless the management is notified of previous abuse. UNDER NEW E.E.C. RULES, ALL LITTER MUST BE TAKEN HOME.
- NO FISH to be taken from the fishery or BROUGHT ON to the fishery, DEAD OR ALIVE.
- ANY PERSON caught stealing will be prosecuted.
- ALL FISHERMEN must book in before commencing to fish.
- NO RUNNING around the Pools, Lakes or Canals.
- Environmental Agency Rod License required.
- Vehicles and cycles must be left on the car park at your own risk, THE COMPANY ACCEPT'S NO RESPONSIBILITY.
- NO PETS allowed, unless fisherman has received permission from the Management.
- Radios can only be used if left at a reasonable noise level as NOT to affect other fishermen.
- NO LUNCHEON MEAT OR SWEETCORN TINS to be left on the fishery.
- NO CAT or DOG MEAT ALLOWED.
- TOILETS to be used at ALL times.
- NO FIRES.
- ALL RULES & SIGNS must be obeyed.
- ALL COMPLAINTS Please refer to the Management or Member of Staff on the day.
- NO BAD LANGUAGE.
- THE COMPANY MANAGEMENT ACCEPT'S NO RESPONSIBILITY for loss or damage to Fishing Tackle left Unattended.
- BARBLESS Hooks Only.
- NO Fishing under power lines.
- NO fishing between markers.
- LANDING NETS must be used and fish handled with care (with a damp cloth if used) and returned straight back to the water.
- ALL NETS MUST BE DRIED BEFORE USING.
- Keepnets may be used at MANAGEMENTS DISCRETION at additional cost (Micromesh only).
- NO beach casting methods to be used.
- NO rods to be left unattended.
- Boilies are allowed, ALL Boilies must be purchased on site.
- NO TROUT PELLETS ALLOWED other than Cudmores own Coarse Pellets.
- ALL Groundbait, Pellets, Hemp & Boilies MUST be purchased from the fishery.
- NO LIVE OR DEAD BAITS ALLOWED of Any Species.
- The Managment reserve the right to CHANGE Match Venue
Maggots, Casters, Pinkies, Squats, Worms, Sweetcorn, Luncheon meat, Cheese, Dog biscuits, Chick Peas, Tares, Part Boiled Potatoes and Paste
(NOT MAN MADE BOILIES) AT THE DISCRETION OF THE MANAGEMENT.
Hook Bait can only be used to Sensible Levels. All Groundbait, Pellets, Hemp & Boilies MUST be purchased from the fishery.
These rules are to protect the fish, and to keep the fish and the water quality at a level you would expect from a quality fishery. The Management will have
the right to change any match venue at any time at their discretion.
- NO Dispersing of Litter, Fishing Line or Cigarette Ends.
- NO Picking of Wild Flowers or Abuse to Wildlife.
- UNDER NEW E.E.C. RULES, ALL LITTER MUST BE TAKEN HOME, each fisherman is held responsible for litter at his /her peg unless the Management is notified of Previous Person's Abuse.
ANY APPEAL APPLICABLE TO THE RULES, MUST BE MADE TO
Mr Cyril Brewster "Managing Director" Tel:- 01782 680919
ANY QUERIES OR COMPLAINTS ABOUT THESE RULES
CONTACT Mr Frank Clarke "General Fishery Manager" Tel:- 01782 680919
ANYONE CAUGHT BREAKING THESE RULES WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE FISHERY IMMEDIATELY AND BANNED FOR LIFE!
CUDMORE FISHERIES MANAGEMENT AND STAFF RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE ENTRY OR ASK ANYONE TO LEAVE THE PREMISES WHO QUESTION THE INTEGRITY OF THE FISHERY RULES, AND / OR PRESENT WITH CONFRONTATIONAL BEHAVIOR. IT IS NOT FOR OUR STAFF TO ENFORCE THE RULES, IT IS FOR YOU TO COMPLY
View Larger Map